Hemp is not new to Florida as state farmers grew the plant until 1957. What’s the current legal status of smokable hemp in Florida?
Last Update: June 19, 2023
- Hemp flower and smokable hemp products are permitted for sale in Florida only to adults aged 21 and older. Proof of age is required for purchasing these products.
- Other hemp-derived products with less than 0.3% THC are fully legal in this state and can be sold to adults 18 and older.
- You can purchase CBD products without restrictions in the Sunshine State. CBD can be also added to and sold as food or food additive. Florida is one of the few states to regulate CBD in food products by issuing Hemp Food Establishment Permits.
- Florida has regulated smokable hemp products and requires retailers to follow certain labeling and testing requirements.
- In 2019, the Florida Legislature passed the state Hemp Act, legalizing hemp and hemp-derived products, including CBD and hemp flower.
Is Hemp Flower Legal in Florida?
Yes, hemp flower is legal in Florida, but can only be sold to adults 21 and older.
Florida legalized hemp under SB 1020, signed in June 2019. Since then, it has amended its hemp rules to fit the growing market.
Under current hemp CBD regulations, the sale of hemp flower and smokable hemp products is not prohibited .
- You can freely buy smokable hemp products, including hemp flower, pre-rolls, vapes, inhalers, and cigarettes in Florida if you are 21 and older.
- Establishments selling smokable hemp products in Florida must obtain a permit from the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, Division of Food Safety.
- Smokable hemp products or hemp products meant for inhalation must be packaged in containers that reduce light exposure.
- Hemp flower and smokable hemp products must be tested by a designated Florida lab to obtain proof that their smokable hemp products contain less than 0.3% THC.
Florida’s Hemp Act legalized hemp “and any part of that plant,” as long as it contains less than 0.3% THC. The Act gave the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services regulatory authority over hemp and hemp extract.
The Department issued a rule regulating “hemp extract” shortly after, which became effective January 1, 2020. The rule has been since updated to the fit new regulations.
As of January 2, 2020, Florida agriculture officials started permitting and inspecting retail establishments selling CBD and hemp products under the new rule.
Florida was one of the first to regulate CBD in food products by issuing Hemp Food Establishment Permits.
A Brief Overview of Florida’s Hemp Laws
2021 — Florida Rule 5K-4.034 
Florida’s Rule on “Hemp Extract for Human Consumption” was revised on September 27, 2021 to regulate both hemp extracts meant for ingestion and hemp extracts meant for inhalation.
2019 — State Hemp Program 
Florida Legislature gave final approval to a bill that permits the creation of an agricultural hemp program in Florida. After getting approved by the Legislature, the bill was delivered to the Governor Ron DeSantis and awaits his signature.
2017 — Industrial Hemp Pilot Projects 
In June, 2017, the state passed a bill that allows launching “industrial hemp Pilot Projects.” The bill permitted authorizing specified state universities to partner with public, nonprofit, and private entities to develop industrial hemp pilot projects.
2016 — Florida Legalized Medical Marijuana
Medical marijuana was legalized in Florida in 2016. A year later, smokable marijuana has been banned due to concerns of potential health risks.
Soon after the ban, medical marijuana advocates brought the case in front of a judge who ruled in favor of medical cannabis patients, giving them the right to smoke marijuana in private places.
Can You Buy Hemp Flower in FL?
Mr. Hemp Flower proudly delivers premium hemp flower to all of Florida in discreet packaging.
Is Hemp CBD Legal in Florida?
Yes, hemp-derived CBD is legal in Florida and can be used in food products.
Florida is one of the few states to closely regulate the sale of hemp-derived CBD products. Its current hemp statutes legalize all hemp cannabinoids and their use in various products, including food and smokables.
Under Florida hemp statutes, “hemp-derived cannabinoids, including, but not limited to, cannabidiol, are not controlled substances or adulterants.”
Synthetic CBD is not included in this definition. If you are 18 or older, you can freely buy hemp-derived CBD products in the Sunshine State.
Things to Know When Purchasing Hemp in Florida
Although hemp-derived products are legal in Florida, there are some things you need to know before purchasing your product of choice.
Only Buy From a Reliable Supplier
Buying hemp flower from a reliable supplier gives you a sense of security. With a reliable supplier that provides you with third-party lab testing, now by designated Florida labs, you can rest assured you are getting a legal product with 0.3% THC.
Hemp flower enthusiasts prefer purchasing their hemp-derived smokables online. Both CBD and hemp flower shops operate in Florida, but due to the resemblance of hemp buds to marijuana, some users may have an encounter with law enforcement. By buying your hemp flower online, your package gets delivered straight to your door.
Mr. Hemp Flower offers you organically grown hemp with high CBD levels and less than 0.3% THC. Among our best strains is Special Sauce CBD Hemp Flower. Aside from hemp flower, our CBD products are delivered throughout the state of Florida and are tested through an independent lab.
Florida Hemp for Sale: Organically Grown Hemp Flower
When you decide to buy hemp flower in Florida, make sure your vendor provides organically grown hemp buds and hemp smokables. Our hemp flower is sourced from the best producers in the industry, is 100% pesticide-free and non-GMO.
FAQ on Hemp Flower In Florida
Do you need a special license to purchase hemp flower in Florida?
No, you don’t need a special license to purchase hemp flower or smokable hemp flower products in Florida. But, you don need to be over 21 to buy hemp products for inhalation in this state.
Is it legal to sell hemp flower in Florida?
Yes, it’s legal to sell hemp flower in Florida under state laws.
Where can you buy hemp flower in Florida?
You can buy hemp flower in Florida online and at a local retailer.